Sunday, December 21, 2008

When do I Get to Go Skiing?

When I was out at my farm last saturday my favorite part was right when we were about to leave and the sun was just below the trees so the little light that was left made everything look blue from the reflections off the snow. I really think snow is one of the most beautiful things in the world and I just don’t know how I could ever live anywhere without it. That time of twilight showcases the snow, to me, in the best way possible. I wish that the world would look like that for more than a few moments each day. I’m so happy that we finally have dropped off into below freezing temperatures too and are actually getting snow. I’m always so afraid of having a green christmas because it just never feels like christmas without the snow on the ground.
Christmas Eve is the greatest holiday and it always goes by way to fast. The “waifs and strays” party (as Gogo calls it) is always so fun and its great to catch up with all the friends and family that we only tend to see once a year. My sister and I have been going to the candlelight midnight service at our church the past few years as well and its the perfect end to the night.
I already got a pretty great christmas present in the form of an apology e-mail from a certain teacher who has now promised me an A instead of something less than I deserve. I’m really glad that my hard work from the semester ultimately paid off and it’s already giving me more motivation for this final semester. Especially since I might actually pull off a 4.0 which is a first ever for me and now I would like that to happen two consecutive times in a row.
So far this break has been kinda dull and I literally spent this past week sleeping. But I did start going to the gym everyday too. Its funny though because my entire day is spent sleeping, gym, shower, eat and sleep more. I should be able to have more time to do things but for some reason the whole gym process ends up taking forever when I only actually spend an hour there.
I did do a few other things too, I’ve been going to Spot on Elmwood to read (shamelessly finishing the last two of the Twilight series in two days), good I guess, but reflecting on them super corny after the previous stuff I had been reading. I find that I can’t just sit in my room and read all the time, plus I enjoy sipping on a cup of coffee. I really like being out around a bunch of people. I’ve been such an observer lately, not that I wasn’t before, but I just find people so interesting. Just call me a big creeper.
I hope to go skiing a bunch this week. Its looking like I will have a good chance of that since I’m only working monday and tuesday night.
Anyways, I’m thrilled with the snow, happy about the upcoming holidays and excited for 2009. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

marco said...

how absolutely terribly ridiculous is twilight. ive been known to like trite pop culture should i take the plunge and read about teenage vampires? or is this striaght up girly...like girlier then gossip girl or the devil wears prada...

Sam Stone said...

read it...twilight is a guilty pleasure...definitly not as girly as gossip girl which i did not even get through the first book of.

marco said...

i of course wanted to clarify that my mentioning of gossip girl pertains the show since even im not odd enough to read the books...or maybe i should