Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bittersweet

I went to Maine last week to have my interview at The Workshops. Getting there and back was kind of a hot mess that included my wheel falling off on the 90, three tow trucks, long waiting periods, broken windshield wipers, monsoons, snow and thick fog for hours. However...as far as I'm concerned my interviews went pretty great. We went to see a couple apartments and we fell in love with one of them, which we actually found out we got yesterday! It's so beautiful, right in the little town of Camden. The situation could really not be anymore perfect and I'm just anxious now waiting to see if I get the job. Leaving Buffalo is going to be hard, but I really loved Maine even though I was only there a few hours. Its basically what my two favorite places in the world (Lake Placid, NY and Newport, RI) would look like if they reproduced. This is something I have wanted to do ever since I heard about it and The Workshops seem like such a great place to work. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hope that things work out for the best. I have enough to deal with for the end of the semester to keep my mind off the subject, at least for a little while. These next few weeks are going to be so bittersweet.



The house we got in Maine, we have the whole second floor our entrance being the front door that leads right up the main staircase directly into our apartment. We have the river behind us and the town right down the street. Ahh, its just too perfect.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I want to see more pictures!