Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sometime I feel like I'm crazy

When did life become such a routine? A routine I constantly try to get out of, yet I enjoy it at the same time. Like anyone else my age I constantly question my life and the decisions I make and what I'm going to end up being or where i'm going to end up being. I have this job, one that I was iffy about even taking in the first place. However its come to be a good thing for this place that i'm in. I've met people that I can't imagine not knowing and i've learned some good lessons. I would love to quit, but to do what? I like to stay on the safe side, make money, save up...but for what? I have big plans and ideas, when it comes down to it though I never follow through with any of it. I suppose i'm scared, if I can't make myself happy and successful in the place I know best, how am I supposed to do that in a foreign town? Maybe its just adventure I seek, a funny concept considering my past full of homesickness. I've always been stunted in that department, I have too much emotional attachment to everything. I've shaken a lot of that, I no longer attach myself to possessions or places. I think moving so frequently has cured me of that. Jealousy of those who had an adventurous college experience caused me to crave that detachment from my childhood that I should have had six years ago. I may or may not make sense, but who cares, I make no sense to myself. I'm just me. I can't be fake, I can't say I understand anything or that i'm not going to change my mind 47 different times a day about what I want to spend my life doing. Some days I try to be realistic, other days I'm restless with everything and other days I'm content and then ten minutes later I want to sell all my possessions and move to montana.

No comments: