Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Inspiration


The text reads: My shirt was wet with perspiration. The beer tasted good but I was still thirsty. Some drunk was talking loudly to another drunk about Nixon. I watched a roach walk slowly along the edge of a bar stool. On the juke box Glen Campbell began to sing about "Southern Nights." I had to go to the men's room. A derelict began to walk towards me to ask for money. It was time to leave.

We skimmed over Duane Michaels today in class, however his images have been haunting me all day. There is something about a photo paired with text that I have really been in to these days. I have been in a rut and now I have some inspiration I hope.



The text reads: This photograph is my proof. There was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen, she did love me. Look see for yourself!

This is one of my best friends most favorite photos and I can definitely relate.

No comments: